VHI – The Association
As an industrial association, VHI represents the professional, economic and technical interests of the manufacturers of particleboards, MDF, and OSB as well as plywood and internal doors. The focuses of its activities are:
- Supervision of the entrepreneurs’ platforms and the working groups.
- Processing and interpretation of branch- specific market data.
- Monitoring of economic developments as well as of legislative and regulatory activities.
- Consulting with regard to economic, technical and political issues.
- Creation of common standards and directives.
The section WPC pushes current technologies and developments, research projects, European standardization as well as media activities for new wood polymer composite products.
On European level the VHI is member of the European Panel Federation (EPF)and the Fédération Européenne de l’Industrie du Contreplaqué (FEIC). There th VHI represents the interests of its particle and fiber boards as well as plywood section members.
In the branch office in Gießen the VHI, the RAL- Quality Assurance Association for internal doors, the Quality Association for Wood-based panels are working together.
Verband der Deutschen Holzwerkstoffindustrie e. V.
Dr. Peter Sauerwein