INFO: Preliminary programme: 12th International Conference on Bio-based Materials, 15–16 May 2019, Cologne
12th International Conference on Bio-based Materials
15 – 16 May 2019, Maternushaus, Cologne, Germany
- Michael Carus, nova-Institut (DE): Latest Market Data on Bio-based Polymers – new Strategy: Renewable Carbon is the Key!
- Marc Gauert, BRAIN (DE): Production of Bio-malic Acid Employing the Smut Fungus Ustilago Trichophora
- Esther Gabor, BRAIN (DE): Bio-based Recovery of Precious Metals from Secondary Resources
- Matthias W. Gluth, Lenzing AG (AT): Cellulose Fibres: Closing the Loop in Fashion
- Edda Höfer, Südzucker (DE): CO2 as Carbon Source for Bio-based Chemicals
- Rolf Luther, Fuchs Schmierstoffe (DE): Biotechnological Production of Lubricant Additives from Renewable Resources
- Babette Pettersen, Ginkgo Bioworks (US): Synthetic Biology for New Bio-Based Fine Chemicals
- Prof. Dr. Jan Ravenstijn, Jan Ravenstijn Consulting (NL): PHA-platform – the Global Organization for PHA: GO!PHA
- Fabien Resweber, PTTMCC Biochem Company Ltd (TH): BioPBS, Renewable Carbon Based Polyester for Efficient Management of Plastic Packaging End-of-life
- Willemijn Witteveen, Avantium (NL): The Opportunity of Sustainable Materials
Topics of the conference
1st Day, (15 May 2019)
2nd Day, (16 May 2019)
We will present you further information soon on workshops:
- Workshop on First and Second Generation Biorefineries
- Workshop on In-depth Consumer Research
- Assessing Bio-based Product Value Chains – How Better Regulation and Standardisation can Promote a Level Playing Field
- The Difficulties of Building a Biorefinery and How to Avoid Them
Call for papers & posters
Call for innovations
For the 12th year in a row, the Innovation Award "Bio-based Material of the Year" will be granted to the young, innovative bio-based chemicals and materials industry for finding suitable applications and markets for bio-based products. The focus of the award is on new developments within these areas, which had been launched in 2018 or will be launched in 2019. Producers and inventors of innovative bio-based materials are invited to hand in their application.
Deadline for submission: Producers and inventors of innovative bio-based materials are invited to hand in their application by end of February 2019.
Exhibition and sponsoring opportunities
The fee of a booth (6 qm) is 500 EUR (excl. 19% VAT). We provide you a table, table cloths, a pin board, a chair and a power connection. You are welcome to use your own booth system. After booking your booth please submit Mr. Dominik Vogt a printable logo and a company profile.
All sponsoring opportunities are available for download here.
Your nova-Conference Team